Well isn’t this nice?
I didn’t even know this award existed, but apparently Claire, author of True Traveling, thought I deserved one. So thank you, Claire.
Now, this is what you have to do when you receive a Versatile Blogger Award:
- Display the Award Certificate on your website
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
- Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
- Post 7 interesting things about yourself
So… time to pass it on, I guess. Here are 15 blogs I really like:
13) Travel Bugs 101
14) Bazza’s World
And finally, what I’m sure you’ve all been waiting for, 7 interesting things about me:
1) I love role-playing, (the nerdy, Dungeons and Dragons kind of role-playing, that is.) I’ve been playing the same character at the University of Auckland role-playing club for well over a year now, a young woman who ran away from home after she accidentally summoned a demon that killed her entire family in an extremely gruesome fashion. Now she’s on the road to redemption and is learning some pretty awesome healing magic.
2) I studied Drama and Classical Studies at the University of Auckland and just graduated with First Class Honours. Now I have no idea what to do with my life!
3) I love to write novels and plays. The play I wrote for my Bachelor of Arts, Honours year has just been picked up by a director, so that’s quite exciting.
4) I have a lovely, lovely boyfriend called Tim, who completely destroys the stereotype that girls never fall for nice guys. I’m just a sucker for the pale, skinny computer nerd-type.
5) I have fully accepted the fact that I am destined to be a crazy cat lady. At the moment, I have two cats (at my parents’ house) called Crookshanks – yes, I know, I was eleven when I got him – and Ripley, after Sigourney Weaver’s character in Alien.
6) My favourite author is Oscar Wilde, closely followed by George Orwell, closely followed by Terry Pratchett. Also, J. K. Rowling has brought me so much joy over the years. Whenever I’m down or sick or can’t sleep, I snuggle up and listen to the Harry Potter audio books read by Stephen Fry.
7) Speaking of Stephen Fry, for the last few years, I’ve been watching every episode of QI on a loop. It’s my favourite show, along with Doctor Who and Game of Thrones. My favourite movies, rather diversely, are Jurassic Park, The History Boys, In Bruges and The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.